Honolulu Adoption Attorneys Growing Your ‘Ohana
Coates Frey & Hackett, AAL LLLC, lawyers understand the importance of family. We treat our clients like family and make ourselves available to ensure they can obtain and maintain the best family life possible. Our lawyers are especially passionate about cases that allow us to expand your family, such as adoption.
Types of adoption we can help with include:
- Adult adoption
- Stepparent adoption
- Grandparent adoption
No matter the circumstances, our attorneys can help you navigate the specific adoption paperwork and procedures pertinent to your case so you can welcome new members into your family.
What Does An Adoption Lawyer Do?
An adoption attorney is present to facilitate the adoption process from beginning to end.
Our lawyers will help you by:
- Filing all necessary paperwork
- Representing you in adoption hearings
- Understanding Hawaiian adoption laws and how they affect your case
- Answering your questions and concerns
We are fluent in our state’s adoption laws and processes. We are prepared to be your resource with any worries along the way and guide you through the paperwork easily and efficiently.
Call our lawyers for more information about adopting in Honolulu: 808-379-3538.
Adoption Requirements in Hawaii
To successfully adopt a child in Hawaii, the Family Court must offer its approval.
Qualifications that they look for in potential adoptive parents include:
- Either a single unmarried person or a married couple where both spouses are legally adopting the child. Alternatively, the adopter could be married to the birth parent of the adoptee as in stepchildren adoptions
- Ability to provide a beneficial transition and living situation for the child
- All necessary consents for the child allowing them to be adopted
Our adoption attorneys will be able to better assess your situation during your complimentary consultation. We’ll discuss the type of adoption you’re pursuing and provide relevant consultation and legal representation as we move forward.
Let Us Help Your Family Grow
Individuals who are considering adoption should contact our lawyers for experienced professionals who are familiar with the process on every Hawaiian Island. Call us at 808-379-3538 to schedule your initial consultation today.