Family Law Firm Serving Honolulu, Oahu & The Neighbor Islands
Take Advantage of Our Honolulu Family Lawyers’ Akamai Approach
Whether you live on Oahu or one of its neighbor islands, you may need help with a legal issue involving your family. After decades of serving families in Hawaii and beyond, our Honolulu family lawyers, paralegals, and clerical professionals look forward to assisting you through our akamai, or “hands-on” approach. When you discuss your case with one of our Honolulu family law attorneys at Coates Frey Hackett & Gibson, AAL LLLC, you can be assured that your case will be handled with the utmost care and professionalism.
Call our Honolulu family law attorneys today: (808) 518-6376.
About Our Family Law Practice
Family law encompasses a variety of matters concerning Hawaii’s families. Some of the matters our Honolulu family lawyers continue to successfully help our clients with include the following:
- Divorce: The process of legally dissolving your marital relationship involves technical legal obligations that should be handled by an attorney to ensure they’re completed correctly and in your best interests, including dividing your marital property, and properly allocating your marital debts, determining whether one should pay spousal support to the other, resolving child custody and support issues and more.
- Child custody: Finalizing legal and physical custody decisions is made simpler with a Honolulu family law attorney who can help you draft appropriate documents designed and intended to protect your children while reflecting the mutual agreements of both parents.
- Premarital agreements: Our Honolulu family lawyers are available to help couples identify and allocate their assets and debts before they marry to best ensure that each party retains ownership of his/her property going into the marriage, and if necessary, upon divorce.
- Spousal abuse and temporary restraining orders: Our attorneys recognize the strength and courage involved in deciding to file for a TRO and are available to our clients to handle the process for you with speed and discretion. Your safety is our priority.
- Guardianship: Designating a guardian for a minor or incapacitated adult is a process that requires thoughtful consideration. Our Honolulu family law attorneys care for your family like they are our own, and as such, devote the necessary time to ensure your loved ones get a guardian to help them continue living the best life possible going forward.
Whatever it is you’re facing, our Honolulu family lawyers are armed with the relevant legal knowledge and courtroom experience to help you from start to finish.
To schedule a complimentary initial consultation, call (808) 518-6376 or complete our simple contact form.
How We Can Help YouTypes of Cases We Handle
- Divorce & Separation
- Modifications & Enforcement
- Premarital Agreements
- Child Custody
- Domestic Violence / TRO
- Property Division
- Mediation & Arbitration
- Military Divorce
- Child Support
Our philosophy is based on the beloved Hawaiian aloha spirit. We pride ourselves on our character. Beyond their legal prowess, our attorneys were hired for being kind, courteous, and thoughtful "people people."
Our goal is to provide cost- and time-effective legal assistance to families in our community. We welcome our clients as our family. We treat you with the respect and kindness you deserve and fight for results and settlements that best serve you.
Meet Our TeamOur 'Ohana Will Take Care of Yours
P. Gregory Frey
Noah H. Gibson
Shannon Kim Hackett
Paul W. Soenksen
Bradley A. Coates (Retired)
Founder, Author of "Divorce With Decency"
John D. Hughes
Justin Y.D Tsai
Robert S. Young